Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Making Gold in WoW

Ok, so while I'm not a millionaire at the moment, at level 60 I find myself with 800some gold, which I don't think is too shabby. I have to admit that the whole concept of economy and gold in WoW fascinates me. (I like me my money.) I've looked up some tips for making gold as well as experimented with some of my own, and as I continue to try new things I will write about'em. Starbelly was telling me about one of his friends who stopped leveling completely at level 40 and just focused on buying low and selling high on the AH. With some patience he ended up with about 17,000 gold and accounted for 5% of the server's economy! Here are some of the best ways I have found to make some money:

1. Use the AH. The AH is your friend. Your best friend. Sell ANYTHING that isn't grey, and even some things that are. Basically almost everything that isn't vendor trash is used for some sort of recipe or quest. List as many things as possible, and the next time you log in, your mailbox should look like this:



2. Take advantage of seasonal quest items. Around Christmastime I managed to net about 15 gold just by selling [Small Egg]. Now normally they only sell for about 10s, nothing much, but during Xmas [Small Egg] is needed to make one of the Xmas recipes, which is needed for Xmas quest. I was selling these for about 1 g per every 5! And they were really easy to get in the low level areas, I could get around 20 in about ten minutes. Sweet.

3. Pick up a gathering profession. I know, I know, everyone tells you to do this. But it works! Because you can use the stuff you gather, and sell the stuff you don't. Win-win situation.

4. Buy out your competition. If I'm selling Runecloth on the AH, and I see someone has listed theirs at a price considerably below the average, I don't try to undersell them. Usually I just buy them out and sell the whole lot at my new, desired price. This has worked for countless times, because there is always someone who either doesn't know or doesn't care how much something is worth, and then screws everyone else over. Y

5. Run as many instances as you can. The fact remains you won't get as good loot outside an instance as in. The more instances you do, the more green/blue/purple BoEs you have a chance of snagging, which equals a profit when you sell them.

No comments: