Monday, March 3, 2008

The Perfect Group

The perfect World of Warcraft group. It's what we all strive for when instancing or questing together. You know what I'm talking about: everyone does their job relatively well, there's no immature bickering over immature topics, no one is greedy with the loot, and everything just flows. I always feel so fortunate when I'm able to be in groups like this. No one pulls A Leeroy and constantly rushes ahead of the others (especially while casters are drinking), all the pulls run smoothly, and instead of blaming others, people are supportive and cheer each other on. If there's a wipe and it's somebody's fault, they own up to it and everyone else is cool, because sometimes mistakes happen. I don't know if it's a coincidence or not (you can tell me your own thoughts on this) but the majority of these great groups I've been in have had two healers, one main and one other DPSer that does back up. That way if things get really hectic and I'm defending myself or OOM, the backup can ensure that things continue to run smoothly. I have also noticed that once you get to the higher levels, eventually you start instancing with some of the same people over and over, and you start to get a groove going, and it works out nicely. I feel as though I am still sharpening my teeth with Tyramisu, but I am glad that I've been in some great groups. If you have any other thoughts as to what makes a group run perfectly, I'd love to know. ^_^

No comments: